Monday, March 14, 2011

With Sympathy

Flower Bird Garden_Mar 2011

After having turned this card into a sympathy card last week, I decided to make another that was something like it to have on hand. This one turned out a bit on the feminine side, however, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing but will be a determining factor with regard to how I use it.

The image was stamped with VersaMark, embossed with white embossing powder, and colored with a blending pen, using inks from various stamp pads.

Materials & Tools: White Daisy, Olive, and Stampin’ Up Crumb Cake cardstock; White Daisy Pigment, VersaMark, Baby Pink, Blush, Hollyhock, Garden Green, Olive, and Dutch Blue stamp pads; White embossing powder Hero Arts Flower Bird Garden and Leaf Cluster stamps; Impression Obsession Sympathy Sentiments stamp sets; Dove blending pen.

Mari_March 11A Slice of Life: How was your day? I had a great day, crossing a few items of the bottomless “to do” list and enjoying a visit from Dustin, Miranda, and Mari early this evening. Have I told you lately that little Mari is the sweetest little thing I’ve ever laid eyes on? LOL. Yes, Grandma is smitten. Grandpa, too. She was propped in the crook of his knee for this photo. and evidently, she thinks he is a pretty funny guy.

I did some stamping today, too, and am happy to say I have something prepared for every day this week. No more sloughing off. LOL.

Tonight, I am tired and am about to do the sensible thing – go to bed. I hope your Tuesday is terrific. “See” you again then.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Kathy,
Love your card. And, yes Mari is just as adorable as can be. You both must be enjoying her so much.

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful card, soft and soothing. Wonderful work, Kathi.

And your granddaughter IS one of the cutest babies I've seen. It's no wonder you are so smitten. Thanks for sharing!!

Hope you keep marking off projects from your to do list. You will get them done at some point!

Have a great day!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Kathi! Mari is just darling!!! I love her smile and how her whole both seems to be happy!!

Your card is lovely - another keeper for my Kathi inspiration folder.

Hugs!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Carolyn said...

Pretty card Kathi!! Mari is adorable. I bet you're all tickled to have such a precious gift.
It was "almost" 60 yesterday. Yes, we are waiting for spring to arrive! :)

Alanna said...

This is SO pretty. What a great card.

And Mari certainly is gorgeous and super cute. I can see why you all are smitten with her.

Tiff said...

This is GORGEOUS! I would benefit from a lesson or two on coloring from you! Beautiful!